Adventures of Katie

This blog will be personal reviews of food/recipes/entertainment and travel destinations based on the experiences of a mid-twenties graduate student.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Self Monitoring and the Procrastinating Girl

For those of you that might not know, I've been reading up on "Self Monitoring Behavior" for a psychology class this year. I haven't been able to figure out whether I am a high or low self monitor and could really decide which I wanted to be. (High self monitors are very good at changing their behaviors to suit any social situation and have a tendency to be more persuasive, well liked and successful in business. Low self monitors use their internal beliefs to guide their behaviors instead of social cues and tend to have much deeper and more fufilling relationships than high self monitors.) True to my slightly leftist moderate form, I scored a 53/100 (0= low self monitor 100= high self monitor) So I am right in the middle. Where are you? (Now I've gotta go write some papers) <3 katie

It doesn't matter if you're a low self monitor or a high one -- you can link to this site! If you have a web page, you can use some of the below HTML code to make a button. Looking for the quiz? Go here.

2 Comments:

Blogger mnthomp said...

I got a 59, so I'm slightly higher monitoring than you. ALthough, like all totally unscientific surveys, you can mold your answers for whatever outcome you would prefer... and I probably did that a little. (Hmm... wouldn't that be a high self monitoring behavior?)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Pookie said...

Why yes it would Matt. You do listen when I ramble. :) These were "based on" the snyder self monitoring inventory but you're right, the questions were totally transparant to the point that it could affect the validity. (I said that in my paper too ;)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home