Adventures of Katie

This blog will be personal reviews of food/recipes/entertainment and travel destinations based on the experiences of a mid-twenties graduate student.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Need for Consistency and the Procrastinating girl

Ok since I have to complete some of these scales for my paper I'm not REALLY procrastinating but seeing how I've done about 3 I might be over-doing it a little bit. This is a scale that measures people's "Need for consistency". I'm sure none of you can guess how I did on this one but it is interesting ;0) http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/hss/app/social/addchap2.html

3 Comments:

Blogger mnthomp said...

I scored a 6.67, which is 1.24 above the mean of 5.43 that the researcher found. Of course, they didn't give the standard deviation or any other statistics, so this is basically just an arbitrary number.

Apparently, "High scorers on this scale are more likely to experience dissonance when they make difficult decisions or are more likely to experience dissonance when they act in a counterattitudinal manner, and are thus more likely to change their attitudes to match their behavior than are low scorers."

Is this why I can't make a descision?

(And, your links still don't work.)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Pookie said...

Yea I know the links don't work. That's why I gave up and just posted the address. We actually scored pretty close (I was a 7). :)
As for the decisions I don't know. Is dinner or what kind of juice really a "difficult" decision? ;p

11:16 AM  
Blogger mnthomp said...

Hey now, don't be mocking my utter lack of skillz.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home