Adventures of Katie

This blog will be personal reviews of food/recipes/entertainment and travel destinations based on the experiences of a mid-twenties graduate student.

Friday, August 05, 2005

What the f***

Dude!! Is every man between the ages of 18 and 25 a f****** engineer?!! I mean seriously! I think I have a problem. So not only were Tom, Brian, Chris, Matt, and the new Matt all engineers at one point but so is my farging neighbor!!! When he told me, I nearly spat out my tea. Its taken me several days to write about it because I had to make sure he hadn't heared about my weird trend and was just screwing with me but no, he's an engineer going to graduate the year after next (in Illinois they cram a 5 year program into 4) At least he wants to go to law school afterwards or I was going to have to hurt someone. When tom was an engineer it was cool, Brian and Chris, expected (after all it was the engineering dorm) by the former matt, I was beginning to sense I had a problem but with the new matt and daniel, I think it might be a disease. I mean Matt and Daniel were totally random. Lucky Joes and my neighbor for heaven's sake!! You'd think that out of every guy I happen to go on a few dates with there might be some variety but no! Mabye there's something about me that engineers find irresistable or parhaps I have a weakness for socially inept men but I really doubt it. I've spent the last several weeks (with the exception of Daniel) surrounded by practically no engineers and its been fabulous!! They're fun, they actually have ideas of social things to do and are willing to try mine, they don't talk down to me like my IQ isn't above room temperature and best of all 90% of the conversation is quote free. It drives me crazy when every other sentence ends with a quote (be it family guy, Zoolander, Austin Powers or whatever) Mabye that's just how they teach engineers to relate to other people but dude there's a limit! (and they all quote the SAME movies!!) I know I'm sounding predjudiced but after dating 2 or 3 and going on dates with a fair sample, I think my generalizations apply to most.
Mabye I should just start every morning with a mantra "I will not date any more engineers, I will not date any more engineers..." They're getting to the same status as philisophy majors, I just can't take it. I mean is it too much to ask someone to go to a movie in a t-shirt? I feel like I'm dating men in their 40's and unless you're Tom or Harrison that's too old for me. Honesly, who in their right mind (that is not an engineer) would spend their first date talking about their management skills? How you reprimand your underlings at work might be telling of your character but isn't exactly first date material.
oh well that's my rant. Take care everyone. <3katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home